Thursday, March 22, 2012

The gangs all here

Today I added the remaining 22 fish into the 800 gallon aquaponic fish tank.  They were very happy to see their old friends and a good time was had by all.

I built a light fixture today with 16 CFL bulbs in a straight line 8 feet long.   It's a lot of light, but I may need two.

Costco has a good price on 23W 1600 lumen CFLs (about $8.00), but there were some rebates that knocked another $2.00 off the price.  So each box of 4 costs $5.99 right now.    I was going to use T5 bulbs, but I saw that, and did the math.
I'm waiting for a response from the manufacture for more information about the light spectrum.  All I have been able to find so far is that they are "Full Spectrum".  I'm hoping this will work for me, if not Costco will take them back.

I'll post a picture of my finished grow lamp after it's painted, and the specs if I hear back from Feit Electric.

Here are the specs on the CFLs that Devin Duhaime is using very successfully.

Philips 41409-4 - 26 Watt - CFL
100 W Equal - 5000K Full Spectrum - 82 CRI - 114 Lumens per Watt - 15 Month Warranty

No comments:

Post a Comment