Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Growing Live Food

 I found this site very interesting.

My goal is to grow plants that will clean the water and provide food the fish will eat.
Even if I must grow these plants outside of the fish tank I believe it would be an asset to grow live food for the fish. 

I think the fish will really appreciate this live source of food, but big fish may uproot,and destroy the plants so setting aside a special grow bed will probably be necessary.
The vegetables will of course be the intention of my system, but putting aside an area for eatable plants the fish will enjoy seems like a good  investment in their health, and an economic solution to fish food.

TC has written a very good  blog post about Duckweed
http://www.aquaponiclynx.com/aquaponics-tilapia-and-duckweed

1 comment:

  1. Aquaponics uses these two in a symbiotic combination in which best plants for aquaponics are fed the aquatic animals' discharge or waste.

    ReplyDelete